The New York Daily News’ Alison Gendar and Robert F. Moore claim to have the scoop on a MySpace page that cruelly mocks slain NYPD officer Daniel Enchatutegu, a killing in which actor Lillo Brancato has been charged
The sick Web page mocking murdered Bronx cop Daniel Enchautegui has been traced to an upstart rap group called Throggs Necks’ Finest, a police source said yesterday.
“One of our computer whizzes was able to trace the whole thing back to them,” the source told the Daily News.
Police said the NYPD’s computer crime unit will continue investigating the tasteless profile posted on MySpace.com. NYPD officials called the probe a criminal investigation, but said it’s too soon to say what, if any, charges could be filed.
The wanna-be rap group has a separate page on MySpace, boasting about its hard-core lyrics. “This ain’t your radio-friendly music,” they wrote. “This ain’t your MTV rap.”
The perverse Web page mocking Enchautegui included his photo and the words: “NO! DON’T SHOOT!!”
The Web page, which MySpace pulled off the Internet Friday, also listed Enchautegui’s interests as “being a cop, breaking balls, getting shot” and his favorite movie as “A Bronx Tale.”
Throggs Necks’ Finest have responded with the following :
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW WE’VE BEEN MADE SCAPEGOATS BY A LOT OF PEOPLE RECENTLY INVOLVING A MYSPACE PAGE ABOUT A POLICE OFFICER THAT WAS KILLED. IN RESPONSE TO THAT, THERES A FEW THINGS WE WOULD LIKE TO SAY…
1) FUCK THE DAILY NEWS AND ANY OTHER NEWSPAPER THAT WOULD LIKE TO WRITE STORIES WITHOUT EVER GETTING THEIR FACTS STRAIGHT. WE WERE NEVER ASKED ANYTHING BY THESE NEWSPAPERS. INSTEAD THEY MADE THEIR ACCUSATIONS, MADE US LIABLE AND PRINTED THEIR LIES FOR THE WORLD TO READ.
2) FUCK ALISON GENDAR AND ROBERT F. MOORE OF THE DAILY NEWS FOR PUTTING THE BLAME ON US FOR THAT MYSPACE PROFILE. FUCK THEM ALSO FOR REFFERING TO US AS A “WANNA BE RAP GROUP”.THEYVE NEVER SEEN OR SPOKEN TO US SO MAKING A STATEMENT LIKE THAT IS RIDICULOUS.
3) WE SEND OUR DEEPEST CONDOLENCES TO MR. ENCHAUTEGUI’S FAMILY AND FRIENDS. IT SICKENS US THAT ANYONE WOULD PUBLICIZE A MYSPACE PROFILE LIKE THAT TO PEOPLE WHO WERE CLOSE TO HIM. HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS SHOULD NEVER HAVE SEEN OR READ THAT PROFILE, BUT THE MEDIA DOESNT CARE ABOUT HOW THEY FEEL. THEY JUST WANT TO CREATE A SCANDAL SO THEY CAN SELL THEIR BULLSHIT PAPERS. MR. ENCHAUTEGUI DIED FOR WHAT HE BELIEVED IN SO HE IS A BRAVE MAN IN OUR EYES. MAY HE REST IN PEACE.
4) FUCK ANY PAPER/NEWS PROGRAM THAT WILL BADMOUTH US IN THE FUTURE. WE KNOW THIS WONT BE THE LAST PAPER TO WRONGFULLY ACCUSE US. EVERY OTHER HALF ASS REPORTER OUT THERE WILL GET A HARD-ON FOR A STORY LIKE THIS.
4) COPS IN NYC (MANY, NOT ALL) ARE RACIST AND CORRUPT AS IT IS. WE DONT NEED THEM THINKING WE WERE BEHIND THIS WHEN WE WERENT.
5) THE FACT THAT A MYSPACE PROFILE IS GETTING THIS MUCH ATTENTION IS PATHETIC. MYSPACE IS FILLED WITH MILLIONS OF FAKE PROFILES. PEOPLE MAKE PROFILES ON HERE TO POKE FUN AT CELEBRITIES AND REGULAR PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. THIS IS THE INTERNET PEOPLE, AND ITS FREEDOM OF SPEECH SO GET REAL.