Aside from every Mets starting position player aside from Juan Samuel being badly hurt, let’s review today’s casualty list :
1) Yankees 3B Alex Rodriguez, said to be suffering from a sore shoulder. A-Rod is currently unable to play third while resting his bad wing, though he’s expected to be well enough to pose shirtless in Central Park by Opening Day.
2) Former Round Rock starting P Troy Patton, a key aquisition in Baltimore’s trade of Miguel Tejada, is out for the season after being diagnosed with a torn labrum in his left shoulder.
3) Atlanta starter / Denver public school advocate Mike Hampton, attempting a comeback after being outta commission since August 2005, strained his right groin after throwing just 38 pitches in the Braves’ exhbition tilt with Detroit earlier today.
4) San Diego serial diver / OF Jim Edmonds strained his right calf in Thursday’s Cactus League clash with the Rockies.
5) Lt. Dangle’s troublesome hamstring that might result in Nomar Garciaparra making his debut at 2B for the Dodgers. Today’s the former’s 40th birthday, and it should be said that he doesn’t look a day over 39 1/2.
1 thought on “Spring Training Injury Fever!”
Did someone say “38 pitches?”