(Cal’s Ayinde Ubaka, 8 points in overtime, 29 for the day, and a weirdly blue tongue)
Other than Pokey Chatman and Mike Hampton (whom, Maura Johnston notes, “should have plenty of time to volunteer for the PTA“), was it :
1) UCLA, whose 76-69 OT loss to Cal — the Bruins 2nd defeat in a row — will probably cost them a no. 1 seed.
2) West Virginia, 82-71 double OT losers to Louisville in the Big East, and probably on the outside looking in come Sunday evening.
3) Brad Holland, suddenly pounding the pavement after being let go by San Diego.
4) Duke, who thanks to Freshman Brandon Costner, crashed out of the ACC Tournament on Day One with an 85-80 overtime loss.
5) Whoever had to be reminded he or she once fucked this guy.
6) Jeff Bzdelik’s Air Force (whom I by far prefer to Michael Wynne’s Air Force), knocked out of the Mountain West tourney by Wyoming, 67-62, and are most likely awaiting an NIT invitation. The Falcons started the year 17-1 before losing 7 of their last 13, including today’s 4th defeat in a row.