Some fun facts in this morning’s Austin American-Statesman in advance of winless Nichols State visiting Texas :
1) thanks mostly to UT’s loss to Michigan State at MSG last Thursday, the Longhorns are out of the Top 25 for the first time in nearly two years.
2) A victory tonight would move Rick Barnes (above) into 2nd place on Texas’ all-time win list (195, trailing Tom Penders’ 210).
3) Admission this evening is free with the donation of one canned food item. I’ve got an ample supply of Cock Soup for such occasions (though it also comes in handy when dealing with hotlinking bandwidth thieves), so I’m there.
If Clive Woodward could make a smooth transition from Rugby Union to soccer (cough), who’s to say that Tom Izzo wouldn’t make an excellent football coach at Michigan State? Other than, you know, people with years of experience coaching football.
(for Bruins guard Adrian Affalo, the entire paragraph below is kind of gratuitious)
While watching DePaul lose to Kentucky (followed by UCLA’s squash of Chaminade), I fondly recalled some of the Thanksgiving Week upsets of years-gone-by. Mostly family arguments and episodes of road rage stuck on the Connecticut Turnpike, but I digress. Years ago, I’ll admit I thought it would be nice to raise a family, and if I ever had a girl, Chaminade would be a terrific name. Of course, that was before I learned that standing next to a microwave oven while watching “Three’s Company” would have devestating consequences on my ability to reproduce. Let this be a lesson to the rest of you — sometimes, there’s a price to be paid for multi-tasking.
2 thoughts on “Soup’s On : Free Hoops At The Erwin Center Tonight”
gc, i’m kind of disappointed that you haven’t renamed the cock soup picture and uploaded a photoshopped picture of a certain horse-faced author who may or may not be engaged to a shiftless blogger and renamed said picture http://www.cantstopthebleeding.com/img/leitchserious.jpg
1) I though you were kinda into her.
2) she’s an innocent bystander, for shame!
3) awesome idea!